1st Smile Train Indo-African Cleft Conference Underway
Nairobi, Kenya — Smile Train doctors and medical staff from India, Rwanda, Cameroon, Uganda, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Tanzania are meeting to improve both access to, and quality of cleft care throughout Africa.
- Cleft patient mobilization
- Surgical outreach to remote areas
- Challenges with cleft palate treatment in developing countries
- Post-operative safety, specifically training for nurses
- Malnutrition and anemia in children with cleft lip and palate
Through sharing ideas and experiences from succesful programs in India and Africa, our partners will be work together to address challenges and some of the major barriers for our cleft programs in Africa.